From: Kilgallen@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: compiler server ...... for Gnat
Date: 18 Sep 2001 09:39:27 -0500
Date: 2001-09-18T09:39:27-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <20010918135517.5d3a4ba1.tonygair@blueyonder.co.uk>, Tony Gair <tonygair@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> Does anyone know how to modify the GNAT Compiler so
> that it provides compilation services across a network
> rather than across a file system,

On VMS you should be able to specify a DECnet filespec or directory
every place you previously specified a normal filespec or directory
(such as on the SET DEFAULT command).  It typically takes special
effort to prevent this :-) when writing a program like GNAT.

> It would also be helpful to know peoples thoughts on
> the difficulty and wether I would be sued for doing this.

Presuming you mean "sued by ACT", any agreement you have with them
would govern whether they would prevail in a US lawsuit.  In the
US anyone can sue, it is winning that gets tricky.  Your email
address indicates the UK, and I have no idea whether that part
of US law was copied from England or not.