From: tmoran@acm.org
Subject: Re: Profiling Gnat re. pthread_malloc, pthread_getspecific, system  finalisation & tasking.
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 20:06:25 GMT
Date: 2001-06-23T20:06:25+00:00	[thread overview]

> > (Mandrake 8.0) machine. I've used inlining, O3 optimisation, and
> > disabled all run-time checks.
>
> By "using inlining" do you mean pragma Inline?  Did you also specify -gnatn?
  A 10x difference in speed is unlikely to be caused by, or solved by,
any of those things.

> Somehow your Ada code does not correspond to your C++ code, regarding
> threads.
    Likely.  Though there may also be an optimization opportunity in
making it *less* like the C.  I'm thinking in particular of getting
rid of malloc's by using local (stack) declarations instead.  Ada
programs typically use heap allocation a lot less.