* Mailing Lists?
@ 2002-01-15 11:36 chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-01-15 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

What is the email address of the mailing list through which GNATCOM (&
Gwindows) is supported?  I thought I had the right address (and was
subscribed) but I can't see the message I posted it last night.

Thanks,
Chris

* Re: Mailing Lists?
@ 2002-01-16 15:55 ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-01-16 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

"chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> What is the email address of the mailing list through which GNATCOM (&
> Gwindows) is supported?  I thought I had the right address (and was
> subscribed) but I can't see the message I posted it last night.

I'm none the wiser about the email address nor the problem I have with
gwindows, please let me know the GNATCOM mailing list address.

Bye,
Chris

* Re: Mailing Lists?
@ 2002-01-16 22:35   ` Craig Carey
From: Craig Carey @ 2002-01-16 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

The owner of the GNATCOM mailing list on a free GUI binding to the
the Microsoft Win32 system, is the owner of the Adapower website.

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:55:01 -0000, "chris.danx" wrote:

>"chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> What is the email address of the mailing list through which GNATCOM (&
>> Gwindows) is supported?  I thought I had the right address (and was
>> subscribed) but I can't see the message I posted it last night.

The two items, GNATCOM and GWindows, have the same list, implied a
message of July 2000. Internet locations:

   http://www.adapower.com/windows/

   mailto:GNATCOM-list-request@adapower.com

@ 2002-01-16 23:29     ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-01-16 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Craig Carey" <research@ada95.ijs.co.nz> wrote in message

> The owner of the GNATCOM mailing list on a free GUI binding to the
> the Microsoft Win32 system, is the owner of the Adapower website.
>

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:55:01 -0000, "chris.danx" wrote:
>
> >"chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >> What is the email address of the mailing list through which GNATCOM (&
> >> Gwindows) is supported?  I thought I had the right address (and was
> >> subscribed) but I can't see the message I posted it last night.
> >

> The two items, GNATCOM and GWindows, have the same list, implied a
> message of July 2000.

That's why I'm trying to post there.  I have a problem installing gwindows.

It says gwindows-databases-controls.adb:41:06: file "gnatcom-ierrorinfo.ads"
not found
compilation abandoned.

I checked the whole hd for this file but it simply doesn't exist.  I
reinstalled GNATCOM, and unzipped gwindows-beta1i.zip again but to no avail.
I'm running on win2k sp2 in case that's any help.

> Internet locations:
>
>    http://www.adapower.com/windows/
>
>    mailto:GNATCOM-list-request@adapower.com

Yes, I am subscribed to the gnatcom list, or was last time i checked.  My hd
had to be reformatted a while back and I forgot to backup my Address book so
I lost the address.

I posted a message the other night to gnatcom @ adapower.com but I didn't
see the message in the morning, so I thought it was wrong.  I've posted
another test but I still can't see it.  I'm going to try subscribing
(again), and see what it says the correct email address is.

Chris

* Re: Mailing Lists?
@ 2002-01-17  9:36       ` Sergey Koshcheyev
From: Sergey Koshcheyev @ 2002-01-17  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> That's why I'm trying to post there.  I have a problem installing
gwindows.

> It says gwindows-databases-controls.adb:41:06: file
"gnatcom-ierrorinfo.ads"
> not found
> compilation abandoned.
>
> I checked the whole hd for this file but it simply doesn't exist.  I
> reinstalled GNATCOM, and unzipped gwindows-beta1i.zip again but to no
avail.
> I'm running on win2k sp2 in case that's any help.

You have to use the latest GNATCOM snapshot, NOT the release version (1.3p).

Sergey.

* Re: Mailing Lists?
@ 2002-01-21 21:51         ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-01-21 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Sergey Koshcheyev" <serko84@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> >
> > That's why I'm trying to post there.  I have a problem installing
> gwindows.
> >
> > It says gwindows-databases-controls.adb:41:06: file
> "gnatcom-ierrorinfo.ads"
> > not found
> > compilation abandoned.
> >
> > I checked the whole hd for this file but it simply doesn't exist.  I
> > reinstalled GNATCOM, and unzipped gwindows-beta1i.zip again but to no
> avail.
> > I'm running on win2k sp2 in case that's any help.
>
> You have to use the latest GNATCOM snapshot, NOT the release version
(1.3p).

Thanks Segey,

Can someone please send me windres?  I can't find it (I don't know what it
is, but I expect its to with windows rc files), and adapower is out of
commission (Cannot find server message), as was (is?) the GNATCOM list.
Both GNATCOM installation and Gwindows do not complete because they can't
find this file. I've got that snapshot and the latest gwindows beta.

Bye,
Chris

* Re: Mailing Lists?
@ 2002-01-21 22:33         ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-01-21 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-01-21 23:38           ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-01-21 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> "Sergey Koshcheyev" <serko84@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > That's why I'm trying to post there.  I have a problem installing
> > gwindows.
> > >
> > > It says gwindows-databases-controls.adb:41:06: file
> > "gnatcom-ierrorinfo.ads"
> > > not found
> > > compilation abandoned.
> > >
> > > I checked the whole hd for this file but it simply doesn't exist.  I
> > > reinstalled GNATCOM, and unzipped gwindows-beta1i.zip again but to no
> > avail.
> > > I'm running on win2k sp2 in case that's any help.
> >
> > You have to use the latest GNATCOM snapshot, NOT the release version
> (1.3p).
>
> Thanks Segey,
>
> Can someone please send me windres?  I can't find it (I don't know what it
> is, but I expect its to with windows rc files), and adapower is out of
> commission (Cannot find server message)

Adapower works now, I got Windres and all is well again, I can now play with
gwindows.

Thanks,
Chris

* Re: Mailing Lists?
@ 2002-01-22 14:23           ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2002-01-22 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

"chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<P2038.56770$Hg7.6353538@news11-gui.server.ntli.net>...
> Can someone please send me windres?  I can't find it (I don't know what it
> is, but I expect its to with windows rc files), and adapower is out of

Google does:
http://www.objsw.com/docs/binutils_16.html

It appears to be part of gnu's "bintools", so I suspect you can get it
from a cygwin distribution.

* Re: Mailing Lists?
@ 2002-01-22 15:14             ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-01-22 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Ted Dennison" <dennison@telepath.com> wrote in message
> "chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Can someone please send me windres?  I can't find it (I don't know what
it
> > is, but I expect its to with windows rc files), and adapower is out of
>
> Google does:
> http://www.objsw.com/docs/binutils_16.html
>
> It appears to be part of gnu's "bintools", so I suspect you can get it
> from a cygwin distribution.

Thanks Ted,

my isp was having technical difficulties, and it appeared that some sites
were unavailable, even though they were and the news server was acting funny
(hence the double post).  It's sorted now and I got windres from Adapower.

Regards,
Chris