From: "John R. Strohm" <strohm@airmail.net>
Subject: Re: Ada compiler for 68hc11?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:42:38 -0600
Date: 2003-03-28T16:42:38-06:00	[thread overview]

"Stephane Carrez" <stcarrez@nerim.fr> wrote in message
news:3E84CB25.8070307@nerim.fr...
> Hi!
>
> Rune Winther wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We're using the MIT Handyboard (68hc11) in various student projects and
> > would like to be able to develop Ada programs for it. Any hints to where
> > might find an Ada compiler for the 68hc11 would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> The gcc 3.2.1 compiler can be used but you'll need to use
>
> pragma No_Run_Time;
>
> because the GNAT runtime is not ported yet to 68HC11.  (I'm also pretty
sure
> it will not fit as is on an embedded system like the HC11). You can't
raise
> an exception unless you port the GNAT exception part.

According to Jean Ichbiah, Who By All Rights Ought To Know If ANYONE ON THE
PLANET Ought To, an Ada runtime can be written in 4K.  Strictly speaking,
that was 4K Storage_Units.  The Ada runtime for the TI 320C30/C40
floating-point DSP did in fact fit in 4K words (at one instruction per word,
I should add).