* Lady Lovelace Strikes Again
@ 2017-09-09 10:04 Charles H. Sampson
From: Charles H. Sampson @ 2017-09-09 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's not the Countess as we know her, but she still gets credit for
something to do with computing: http://tinyurl.com/yamndo3g.

I'm not intending to open a political discussion.

If this has been posted before, my apologies.

Charlie
--
Nobody in this country got rich on his own.  You built a factory--good.
But you moved your goods on roads we all paid for.  You hired workers we

* Re: Lady Lovelace Strikes Again
@ 2017-09-09 16:53 ` Xavier Petit
From: Xavier Petit @ 2017-09-09 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Another reference, a TV Show I really love : Halt and catch Fire
Season 3, Episode 1, there is some Ada code ^^

* Re: Lady Lovelace Strikes Again
@ 2017-09-09 17:51   ` Frank Buss
From: Frank Buss @ 2017-09-09 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 09/09/2017 06:53 PM, Xavier Petit wrote:
> Another reference, a TV Show I really love : Halt and catch Fire
> Season 3, Episode 1, there is some Ada code ^^

What did it do? It is always fun to track the code they use. For example
this code, from Ascension, chapter 3, part 3:

http://i.imgur.com/em1Y0dG.jpg

where they say it does some very important stuff, was in fact just a
Sudoku solver :-)

http://www.ioccc.org/2005/aidan/

--
Frank Buss, http://www.frank-buss.de
electronics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/frankbuss

* Re: Lady Lovelace Strikes Again
@ 2017-09-09 17:58     ` Xavier Petit
From: Xavier Petit @ 2017-09-09 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 09/09/2017 à 19:51, Frank Buss a écrit :
> What did it do? It is always fun to track the code they use. For example
> this code, from Ascension, chapter 3, part 3:
“Yeah, but this LZW compression is pretty cool” :
http://i.imgur.com/5U0fsVA.jpg