From: OgRo <marcelo.batera@gmail.com>
Subject: AdaWorks/APQ :: Build System :: Call for Help!
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 14:40:24 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-08-09T14:40:24-07:00	[thread overview]

Hello there,

     AdaWorks is a big and ambitious project. I'm about to make our
first release and we will already ship 9 modules + 8 sample modules.

     In such a complex system, the build system is always a concern.
During AdaWorks development we decided to use GPR and include
dependencies using a completely relative path so we could easily work
with branches and the trunk at the same time by means of changing only
one environment variable (ADA_PROJECT_PATH).

     But one thing we haven't considered is when the users will
download our work and try it.

     This ticket has been opened so we could discuss this:
          http://www.adaworks.net/adaworks/ticket/65

     Please, any help on this issue will be appreciated.

PS: for those who don't know yet. Warren has given me and my team
maintainer rights over APQ and now it's part of AdaWorks and have
(with Warren's bless) changed from a dual license model to GMGPL
license. We intended to include ODBC and M$ SQL Server support in it,
but we haven't managed to finish those modules yet - even though they
exist in the svn trunk and they are somewhat working.

PS2: yes, I am yet to write the release notes and make a proper
release but you can download the files (if you don't have subversion
installed) from http://www.adaworks.net/releases.