From: Shark8 <onewingedshark@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: GNOGA v1.1 Released - Ada Cloud Desktop and Mobile Development
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 18:32:24 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2015-07-09T18:32:24-07:00	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 7:07:31 AM UTC-6, David Botton wrote:

> However there are time where it makes sense to have things handled on the client side and if we ever have an llvm (unencumbered by GPL viruses) backend we can push the Ada to the client side as well. For example, until then something like the Ace code editor that I am using on the new IDE in Gnoga which is written in JS is bound to Gnoga but fine controls are handled by it on the client side and yes if was all Ada at this point could feel a little sluggish. Unfortunately until I have the time or someone else has the time to revive dragoneggs or an alternative those parts will need to remain in JS or language compiling to JS. (As a side note, if Ada.NET was not virused, I'd probably pursue updating that as there is a compiler freely available to compile .NET to ASM.js shame, I wonder if Martin realized the devastation GPL has on runtimes to kill future open source work not just closed source)

Question: If there's a compiler taking .NET to ASM.js, then would the runtime encumbrance (or anything really) stick with if you processed it? After all, the output of that DOTNET-to-JS would be, at best, a "derivative work". And *IF* the runtime is encumbered, would it be feasible to use the pragma-restrictions to avoid it?