From: walsh@stdc01.UUCP (Mike Walsh)
Subject: Re: Use of "is separate" and compilatio
Date: 6 Dec 89 12:54:59 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <1501@dinl.mmc.UUCP> schwartz@dinl.UUCP (Michael Schwartz) writes:

>> why do we need 'is separate'

'is seperate' is useful for extracting certain procedures from a package.
I once wrote a package that had a classified algorithm in it.  By making the
one procedure separate, I could print out the file, and not have to worry
about having a classified document laying around.  Just an example ...

Mike Walsh
Star Technologies - Graphicon Products Division
Research Triangle Park, NC

walsh@stdc01    {...uunet!mcnc!rti!stdc01!walsh}