From: murali@yacht.cis.ohio-state.edu (S Muralidharan)
Subject: Re: Handling objects in a distributed system
Date: 28 Aug 89 18:49:46 GMT	[thread overview]

eberard@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Edward Berard) writes:

>murali@catamaran.cis.ohio-state.edu (S Muralidharan) writes:

>>       Any approach which advocates object movement generally assumes
>> that a single person is both the developer and a client of a
>> component.

>As Murali says later, this is indeed an invalid assumption. I am not
>sure, however, whether anybody actually makes this assumption. If

I believe that there are distributed systems/languages which profess
concerns for spec-based software reusability, but also aid object movement.
It is not obvious (to me) how this is possible if it is agreed that
neither the developers nor clients of reusable components can independently
decide when to move an object.

Murali