From: fresh@scscomm.com (Andrew Mathis)
Subject: Re: Colin James is mad because OOPSLA kicked his butt (Was: RFD: rmgroup comp.lang.eiffel)
Date: 1996/12/13
Date: 1996-12-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Nice article, but I'd cut off the title right before "because..."

Andrew Mathis

nobody@cypherpunks.ca (John Anonymous MacDonald, a remailer node)
wrote:

>Many readers of comp.lang.* newsgroups are surprised by CJ3's attacks on
>Eiffel and its designers: not so long ago The Right Reverend Colin James
>III praised Eiffel and licked ass of ISE and ISE management.

>CJ3's web page was opening with thanks to Bertrand Meyer and his book
>``which started it all for CEC-services'' (quote from CJ3's page). In
>the section "recent media coverage of CEC-services" he even referred to
>a link from www.eiffel.com pointing to www.cec-services.com as the only
>evidence of "recent media coverage". It does not really matter that TRRCJ3
>was lying and such link did not exist.

>[what a pity that extensive coverage in alt.usenet.kooks was not mentioned]

>What happened: CJ3 wanted to go to OOPSLA conference (an OO conference
>with heavy Eiffel presence) to make a speech about himself.

>OOPSLA committee decided not to let him make a speech there because of
>his stupidity, lack of achievement and KOTM (Kook of the Month)
>notoriety. CJ3 was so pissed off at the committee that he now bashes
>Eiffel (quite ineptly) and added some of the key people behind OOPSLA to
>his "netscum" web page, formerly at http://redfrog.norconnect.no/~netscum

>CJ3 also altered his own web page at www.cec-services.com so that now he
>thanks some other guy and another book "which started it all".

>Thank you, OOPSLA organizers, for not letting nutbags like CJ3 disturb
>the object-oriented community.

Shining a flashlight on the ugly underside of the 'net: http://www.webmagazine.com/Features/Hate/intro.html

NOT Alfred: http://www.nj.com/maxwells/archive/hitchcock.html

The Homepage that made Milwaukee famous: http://pages.nyu.edu/~aem0608

"Anti-Semitism creates Jews."
--Louis Brandeis, U.S. Supreme Court Justice