From: "Björn Persson" <spam-away@nowhere.nil>
Subject: Re: call procedure in Linux-Ada-module from "normal" program
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:22:57 GMT
Date: 2006-08-24T18:22:57+00:00	[thread overview]

Frank wrote:
> I've been tinkering with modules by using Ada.
> The module compiles, and I manage to do insmod on it.
> The symbols appears in ksyms; like "some_call_me".
>
> Now I wish to call "some_call_me" from the test program (3) - is that
> possible?

There are a number of ways to communicate with Linux, but you can't just
call a procedure like that. That's true for all programming languages. A
kernel isn't just another library.

I suggest that you look around for information on system calls, trap
instructions and IOCTLs. You'll probably only find examples in C, but
when you know how to do what you want in C, I'm sure someone here can
help you translate it to Ada.

--
Bj�rn Persson                              PGP key A88682FD
                    omb jor ers @sv ge.