From: Austin Obyrne <austin.obyrne@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: The enormous potential that programming LaTeX in Ada presents.
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 12:48:19 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2014-12-03T12:48:19-08:00	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, December 3, 2014 4:12:36 PM UTC, gautier...@hotmail.com wrote:
> In the triangle {LaTeX, Ada, cryptography} I don't see meaning of the link LaTeX -cryptography, but for the link Ada - LaTeX I take the opportunity of a shameless plug for TeXCAD: http://texcad.sf.net :-)
> Gautier's Ada programming
> http://www.openhub.net/accounts/gautier_bd
Hi,

Current cryptography is capable of encrypting ASCII and at most the entire Latin-1 set.  There is a vast set of mathematical symbols, special general characters, Greek language characters (often included in English language test files)that cannot be read in or keyed for encryption because they are outside of the Latin_1 character set. Nor is there any formatting facilities in the current ciphers and as far as I know message text must be formatted at the receiving end when is should be done beforehand at the sending end.

All of the foregoing can be done by deploying latex which is always entirely ASCII and can be encrypted as ASCII while possessing all sorts of non-ASCII attributes in its command code.  The input file of latex is encrypted in ASCII - the file may be encrypted and when it is decrypted it can be run so as to typeset the message in any way the entities want.  There is also a vast amount of extra prose that is outside of the scope of ASCII for the benefit of users. These are the perceived benefits of using Latex as an encryption platform in conjunction.

Why Ada + Latex and not  C++ and Latex say.  Ada is perfect for cryptology - no other language will ever be able to match it (In my view of used Ada and attempting to use C++ - I gave up on the latter).

To me not using latex in tandem with Ada is missing a valuable asset.  I believe the Ada industry should look at it - indeed the user public would demand it if they knew the benefits of amalgamating Latex with cryptography and ideally with Ada as the implementing language.

adacrypt