From: Anh Vo <anhvofrcaus@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: basic questions on using GPS
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 15:26:23 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2015-07-18T15:26:23-07:00	[thread overview]

On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 2:57:17 PM UTC-7, Jeffrey R. Carter wrote:
> On 07/18/2015 01:20 PM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
> >
> > using command line, I simply do
> > cd my_stuff
> > vi foo1.adb
> > gnatmake foo1.adb
>
> There's no reason you can't use GPS simply as an editor, and compile from the
> command line.

Another option is to use AdaGide, simple Ada IDE for Windows. I use it all most of the time if a small number of packages are involved. However, GPS is preferred for moderate or bigger code size. The advantage is that the readers will have a better time to understand the codes quickly through GPS's browsing capability among other features.

Anh Vo