From: Michael Erdmann <michael.erdmann@snafu.de>
Subject: Re: Gnade win32 binaries??
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 09:32:53 +0200
Date: 2002-10-20T09:32:53+02:00	[thread overview]

Stephen Leake wrote:

>>>That's not hard; just type 'make' in the Win32 directory.
>>
>>Seems pretty easy :-) From reading the docs I had the idea I was in need
>>of gmake.
>

> If you find that in the current distribution, it's a bug; submit a bug
> report.
>
> 'gmake' seems to be a common name for 'Gnu make', which is what comes
> with GNAT and Cygwin.
>

>>Are you refering to the make that comes with gnat?
>

> Yes.

On my box (Linux) make and gmake are identicial but with different
behaviour. Specically the  make clean does not work correctly with
make.

The Makefiles for Windows are using GNU Make features. There for
i gues you will need this on windows as well.

>>If it's this easy, really it's enough for me. I'll give a try.
>

> If you need more help, email me off list: stephen_leake@acm.org. Let
> me know how it goes, either way.

I would prefere if you could use the gnade mailing list:

gnade-develop@lists.sourceforge.net

Regards
     M.Erdmann