From: "Zork" <Zork@z.com>
Subject: Considering taking an ADA course at uni
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 01:31:54 GMT
Date: 2004-06-26T01:31:54+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi, im currently enrolled in a masters and noticed a "software engineering
and ADA" course available this coming semester. I actually didnt know
anything about ada up until a day ago when I noticed this course on offer. I
have previous experience in c++, fortran, and java. I am intending on doing
a project/thesis later on into the course on genetic algorithms. Would
anyone recommend this ada course? Is ada really that good? Will it help me
become a better programmer? (i know these are very general questions). The
course description is as follows:

------------
This course introduces the programming language ADA. Advanced functions and
procedures. Parameter passing in, out, in out. Problem solving through
modularisation. ADA packages. The concept of information hiding. Top-down
and bottom-up development and testing. Private declarations. Problem solving
by abstraction. Private data types and user-defined operations. Problem
solving in real-time systems, tasks, inter-task communication, task
synchronisation. Assumed Knowledge: ACSC704 Introduction to Programming or
equivalent.

I am a network engineer by trade, but have worked in the industry as a java
programmer (and c++/fortran at postgrad level).

Thanks for any help.

Zork.