From: jan.de.kruyf@gmail.com
Subject: Re: GNAT stm34f4 zfp question.
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 12:03:33 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2015-03-04T12:03:33-08:00	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 8:28:15 PM UTC+2, Simon Wright wrote:

ja, and I put unchecked conversions under ada for some reason, but the ravenscar files i used took them straight. So there was another trip through wonderland, before I got wise.

Otherwise, when I need an operating system I will certainly look at your work. But at the moment I like to try if I can follow the tiny-os recipe:
Thow little jobs on the workstack and poll in between execution. (You can also make interrupts throw jobs onto the workstack if needed) Its a brilliant concept for small stuff. But read the book first!

So I have not looked at the interrupt structure yet. First test what we got. And see that I have all the language components I like.

I dont think I saw a libm in the collection, I wonder if I must follow up on that. But perhaps we can get away with some pre-cooked code from some other library.

the STM hal is well tested and reasonably complete with DSP routines and all. So I am not discounting that, but this project is a bit hairy, so I need control. With STM cube I can only write a binding then a program then test. And they are a bit verbose here and there. I dont like to do a lot of work and then find out I have to start again. So this is an excellent way of learning the chip _and_ Ada properly.

cheers,

j.