From: mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Re: decline of Ada?
Date: 1996/11/22
Date: 1996-11-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <572o5g$et6@fozzie.sun3.iaf.nl>,
Geert Bosch <geert@fozzie.sun3.iaf.nl> wrote:

[snip]

>In Europe there are many jobs involving Ada (as a tool, not a goal!).
>In fact there are many more job openings than qualified people to fill
>them.  And there is no "DoD" with a "mandate" in Europe. Some Americans
>have such a limited view that they fail to see the language is also
>used on a large scale without companies being forced to.

This might be a good time to post this list again. Can anyone help
me make it, and keep it, as up to date and accurate as possible?
(Private e-mail is fine; I will not quote anyone.)

Thanks and cheers -

Mike Feldman
--- cut here ---
Interesting Projects (mostly non-defense)
in which Ada is used to at least a significant degree.

I know the list is incomplete. I am very interested in getting
additions, corrections, and additional domains; I want the data
to be current and verifiable.

Michael B. Feldman
chair, SIGAda Education Working Group
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5919 (voice)
202-994-0227 (fax)
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)

Air Traffic Control Systems, by country

Australia
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
China
Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong
Hungary
India
Ireland
Kenya
Netherlands
New Zealand
Pakistan
Scotland
Singapore
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom
United States
Vietnam

Banking and Financial Networks

Reuters news service
Swiss Postbank Electronic Funds Transfer system

Commercial Aircraft

Airbus 330
Airbus 340
Beechjet 400A (US business jet)
Beech Starship I (US business turboprop)
Beriev BE-200 (Russian forest fire patrol)
Boeing 737-200, -400, -500, -600, -700, -800
Boeing 747-400
Boeing 757
Boeing 767
Boeing 777
Canadair Regional Jet
Embraer CBA-123 and CBA-145 (Brazilian-made regional airliners)
Fokker F-100 (Dutch DC-9-size airliner - American Airlines flies these)
Ilyushin 96M (Russian jetliner)
Saab 2000
Tupolev TU-204 (Russian jetliner)

Communication and Navigational Satellites and receivers

INMARSAT - voice and data communications to ships and mobile communications
Intelsat VII
NSTAR (Nippon Telephone and Telegraph)
PanAmSat (South American Intelsat-like consortium)
United States Coast Guard Differential Global Positioning System (GPS)
Rockwell Collins NavCore V GPS receiver
ESA/Alcatel-SEL GPS receiver
TDRSS Ground Terminals - NASA

Scientific Satellites

Cassini command subsystem
ENVISAT-1 - European Space Agency (ESA), Earth observation satellite
XMM - ESA
EOS - NASA's Earth Observing System
Goes
RadarSat (Canada)
UK Space Technology Research Vehicle, auxillary payload on Ariane4

Railway Transportation

Cairo Metro
Calcutta Metro
Caracas Metro
Channel Tunnel
Conrail (major U.S. railway company)
French High-Speed Rail (TGV)
French National Railways
Hong Kong Suburban Rail
London Underground
Paris Metro
Paris Suburban Rail

Television Industry

Canal+ (French pay-per-view TV, remote cable box control software)

Medical Industry

JEOL Nuclear Magnetic Resonance