From: whasan@cyberoffice.com (Wasiq Hasan)
Subject: Re: how to access Serial port in ada?
Date: 1996/11/22
Date: 1996-11-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>> Write a device driver.
>>

>If this is the best ObjectAda and Alsys/Thompson/Aonix (I wish they'd
>stop changing names!) can do, I'm certainly not giving them my money!
>
>Surely you can access the Windows 95 comm port driver? Under Windows 3.1
>and Borland C++, there was a binding to the Windows API functions for
>the serial port (OpenComm, ReadComm, WriteComm). Surely ObjectAda can
>provide a binding to these functions for Windows 95!?
>
>Granted, Li Li didn't say what s/he wanted to do with the serial port,
>but it is VERY likely that the Windows 95 comm driver will suffice!
>
>Telling a newcomer to go write a device driver is NOT the way to market
>your company!
>--
>- Stephe

Thank You Mr.Stephen
	I just connected an external device connected to serial port
	to read temprature. I wrote a small program (20 lines)in QBASIC
	to read the input. I have a student version of ObjectADA for win95
	therefor I jsut wanted to convert this QBASIC progarm to ADA under
	win95.

anyway thankyou again for your advice.