From: Manuel Gomez <mgrojo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: AdaRocks.com
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 08:44:11 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-03-18T08:44:11-07:00	[thread overview]

El domingo 18 de marzo de 2012 13:09:47 UTC+1, Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)  escribió:
> Le Sun, 18 Mar 2012 12:38:09 +0100, Manuel Gomez a
> écrit:
> > By the way, it's nice to see a new Ada site on the Internet, but I think
> > the Ada community should collaborate more on communal web sites rather
> > than individual-effort sites.
> I don't agree with that belief. We already have references sites. And
> communal web sites need not be big or kind of monopolistic sites. There
> may be as much site as there are people sufficiently involved, each
> exposing some point of view and experiences. Trying to federate too much
> may break consistency, just like you may break some style and design rules
> when you build an application from too much varying in style and design
> piece of libraries or already existing software. Individual web sites has
> values due to their nature and do not prevent bigger and more
> collaborative sites, at least because authors of tiny and personal sites
> can belong to communal and collaborative sites (or Usenet groups).

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy every new site devoted to Ada. What sometimes bothers me is the abandonment of sites just because the only one maintainer looses interest, which is also legitimate. Therefore I think that more collaborative approaches are useful, because there is always someone who can continue the effort. By the way, I see there are two authors collaborating in adarocks.com according to the post list [1]. That is good.

[1]: http://adarocks.com/tracker2