From: jamie@dcd00745.slip.digex.net (Jamie Schrumpf)
Subject: Re: Ada caused failure of IBM's attempt to redesign air traffic system?
Date: 1996/11/21
Date: 1996-11-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <JSA.96Nov18210950@alexandria>, jsa@alexandria says...

Schrumpf) writes:

>> This post came from another group, but certainly has bearing here.
>> Can anyone comment on Ted's claim that IBM's failure to redesign the
>> air traffic system was due to Ada?
>
>Ted Holden is a well known flaming lunatic of the Net.  Lot's of (to
>put it kindly) bizarre opinion and basically never any factual
>information.
>
>/Jon
>
>--
>Jon Anthony
>Organon Motives, Inc.
>Belmont, MA 02178
>617.484.3383
>jsa@organon.com

I've read the comments about Ted from various folk with high amusement.  I
brought his comments over from talk.origins, where he is also well-known as a
net.loon.

That his opinions on Ada are as equally misinformed as are his opinions on
every other subject I've seen him pontificate about strikes me as no great
surprise.  I won't repost any of the aforementioned comments back to him, as it
might only serve to bring him back over here -- which we certainly do not want.

Thanks for all the info.
Jamie Schrumpf                            http://www.access.digex.net/~moncomm
"It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long as
it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money as long as
you have got it."    ---  Edmund Way Teale, "Circle of the Seasons"