* REQ Ada battleship Source Code
@ 1996-11-13  0:00 Dean Dardis
From: Dean Dardis @ 1996-11-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are taking a course in programing Ada95 and are currently challenged
with some logic problems in building a battleship game -- specifically
how to make the computer smarter when a player plays the computer.  If
you have source code to a battleship game which you feel may help us,
please send it to my email address.  If we use any part of your source
code the author will receive full credit for his/her contribution.

Our finished program will not be sold or distributed, but will hopefully
enhance our understanding of programming and enable us to pass the
course.

Thanks for your help
Dean
djdardis@mbay.net

* Re: REQ Ada battleship Source Code
@ 1996-11-15  0:00 ` Robert S. White
From: Robert S. White @ 1996-11-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <328A9876.2CA8@mbay.net>, djdardis@mbay.net says...

>We are taking a course in programing Ada95 and are currently challenged
>with some logic problems in building a battleship game -- specifically
>how to make the computer smarter when a player plays the computer.  If
>you have source code to a battleship game which you feel may help us,

  This is a software reuse course?  Or "a course in programing Ada95"?
I like the comments that Richard O'Keefe said in another thread about
writing your comments down first.  You know a log of college profs monitor
this newsgroup and us industry practitioners are too tired to submit code
and do your homework for you.  Now if I only knew a good source of
heuristic AI algorithms to steer you to.  Perhaps  mit.edu...

Robert S. White                    -- an embedded sys software engineer
WhiteR@CRPL.Cedar-Rapids.lib.IA.US --long/cheap alternate I-net address