* Debugging with Unbounded_String in GNAT GPS
@ 2016-03-01 15:50 ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2016-03-01 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

In earlier versions of GNAT GPS I could see the value of an
unbounded_string. In the version I am using now I cannot do that and I just
see reference => 0x4bc7bd8 (which is a kind of memory location where the
unbounded string is located. In earlier versions of GNAT GPS I could see not
only the referencebut also the length and the characters is consists of. Is
ther anyone who can help me to restore the earlier debugging possibility.

* Re: Debugging with Unbounded_String in GNAT GPS
@ 2016-03-02 18:23 ` Vadim Godunko
From: Vadim Godunko @ 2016-03-02 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 6:51:10 PM UTC+3, ldries46 wrote:
> In earlier versions of GNAT GPS I could see the value of an
> unbounded_string. In the version I am using now I cannot do that and I just
> see reference => 0x4bc7bd8 (which is a kind of memory location where the
> unbounded string is located. In earlier versions of GNAT GPS I could see not
> only the referencebut also the length and the characters is consists of. Is
> ther anyone who can help me to restore the earlier debugging possibility.

You need to 'dereference' reference, for example

display graph str.reference.all

* Re: Debugging with Unbounded_String in GNAT GPS
@ 2016-03-04  8:42   ` ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2016-03-04  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

With Debug I only get the possibilties: Print and Display and never can see
the The possibilty you named. Not even the str.all is not  presented. I am
afraid that somewhere in the installation something is blocking the earlier
possibilities

@ 2016-03-04 14:49   ` ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2016-03-04 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I cannot dereference the value. I only can display str or ptint str but I
not even see print .all or display .all.

If usefull I am using the 2015 version (6.1.1) and I do run on windows 10