* Q: OS/2 PM Progr. enviroment ?
@ 1996-11-11  0:00 boavista
From: boavista @ 1996-11-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does somebody know if there is somewhere a grafical class library
on top of the PM bindings for OS/2. Or does an standard library exisit
which may be adopted to the OS/2 PM ?

Michael

* Re: Q: OS/2 PM Progr. enviroment ?
@ 1996-11-12  0:00 ` robin
From: robin @ 1996-11-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

	boavista@berlin.snafu.de writes:

	>Does somebody know if there is somewhere a grafical class library
	>on top of the PM bindings for OS/2. Or does an standard library exisit
	>which may be adopted to the OS/2 PM ?

	>Michael

There's a whole graphics library of functions that can be called
by a HLL -- for example, PL/I.   The functions range from
high-level things like copying a pixel mapped array
direct tp the screen, down to setting individual pixels.

* Re: Q: OS/2 PM Progr. enviroment ?
@ 1996-11-12  0:00 ` Dale Pontius
From: Dale Pontius @ 1996-11-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <567uqh$pb3$1@unlisys.unlisys.net>,
        boavista@berlin.snafu.de writes:
>Does somebody know if there is somewhere a grafical class library
>on top of the PM bindings for OS/2. Or does an standard library exisit
>which may be adopted to the OS/2 PM ?

There are many class libraries already available, usually only for
XWindows and Win32, though. I thought of taking one of these libraries
and adapting it for OS/2 in my spare time, either by porting to PM or
by using Open32 to make the Win32 code run on OS/2. The latter approach
opens up a lot of other code, as well.

Only a few problems...

No spare time.
I'm getting the impression that Win32 for Ada isn't freeware/GPL.
  Maybe that impression is wrong???
Where to start? Fresco? Qt? V? etc...
Then there are the other problems with giving away code...

I know of several sets of PM bindings for Ada, and presently have at
least two laying around somewhere on disk. None of them are 'class
libraries', though, more just Ada packaging of C functions.

Dale Pontius
(NOT speaking for IBM)

* Re: Q: OS/2 PM Progr. enviroment ?
@ 1996-11-13  0:00 ` Dale Pontius
From: Dale Pontius @ 1996-11-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <568uvl$nec$1@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au>,
        rav@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au (robin) writes:
>       boavista@berlin.snafu.de writes:
>
>       >Does somebody know if there is somewhere a grafical class library
>       >on top of the PM bindings for OS/2. Or does an standard library exisit
>       >which may be adopted to the OS/2 PM ?
>
>       >Michael
>
>There's a whole graphics library of functions that can be called
>by a HLL -- for example, PL/I.   The functions range from
>high-level things like copying a pixel mapped array
>direct tp the screen, down to setting individual pixels.

Are you speaking of a thin Ada binding to PM here, or a thicker
one? I'm only aware of thin ones. Where is this thing of which
you speak?

Dale Pontius
(NOT speaking for IBM)

* Re: Q: OS/2 PM Progr. enviroment ?
@ 1996-11-14  0:00   ` boavista
From: boavista @ 1996-11-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I dont mean OS/2 bindings. I am using them allready and getting
borred of them.