From: "ldries46" <bertus.dries@planet.nl>
Subject: Re: More operating systems with GNU GPS
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 11:02:48 +0100
Date: 2016-02-08T11:02:48+01:00	[thread overview]

Yes, as referenced in the title I meant GNAT GPS.
As I have my Windows system divided in several partitions to run a neat
system and keeping it neat.
The GPS software and fi instance GtkAda are positioned in another partition
as the ada source and build files.
This means that I do get references to several partitions and directories in
my system. of course I can edit them all manually, but If it can be done
with some program It would be less easy to make mistakes.

L. Dries

"Simon Wright"  schreef in bericht news:lywpqf5zej.fsf@pushface.org...

"ldries46" <bertus.dries@planet.nl> writes:

> I have a running GPS system om my windows 10 system and several
> programs running there. Now I want these programs running on a Linux
> system. As Ada was designed as an operating system independent
> language The compiler should compile my sources also on Linux but I
> realize that the .gpr file cannot be used directly. My question is is
> there a simple way of converting a .gpr file from the one operating
> system to the other? I would prefere someprogram which would ask
> questions.

When you say 'GPS system' do you mean GNAT GPS or the Global Positioning
System?

I've never gone from developing a Windows GPR and moving it to Unix, but
the reverse has never caused me problems.

I _think_ that so long as you always use '/' as your directory
separator, _even on Windows_, you'll be OK.