From: eieio@coastalnet.com (ghostie)
Subject: Re: socket, pipe
Date: 5 Nov 2003 05:45:32 -0800
Date: 2003-11-05T05:45:32-08:00	[thread overview]

eieio@coastalnet.com (ghostie) wrote in message news:<56a4b188.0311040645.64f825f7@posting.google.com>...
> We want our Ada application, while running, to share a lot of binary
> information with a different application, this one written in Matlab.
> Each applicaton will produce output data which will be used by the
> other application. Both applications will run on Win2K PCs, and they
> may or may not be on the same computer.

Thanks for all the help.
What I've decided to try is to have one application write a file to
disk, and the other application will read the file from the disk.  I
want the file to be written and closed by the first app before the
other app tries to read it.  A method I've seen done before for this
uses two separate directories; after a file is ready to read, its
filename gets placed in a separate directory as a zero-length file.
So, if you find a file name in this 2nd directory, you know that same
filename is ready for you to read in the 1st directory.

So the next thing I'm stuck on is how to do a directory listing from
Ada.  I guess either calling a system call or if there's actually an
Ada call for this, but I need to be able to use the results in order
to know what files are in a directory.

Thanks again