From: johnro@microsoft.UUCP (John ROGERS)
Subject: What is a "special function"?
Date: 17 Aug 90 21:40:11 GMT	[thread overview]

Hi!  Could someone please clarify something in the LRM for me?  I've
been looking at the definitions of all of the attributes, and I noticed
something for the first time.  At least 5 of the attributes are described as
"functions", but 1 of the attributes is described as a "special function".
The regular ones ('IMAGE, 'POS, 'PRED, 'SUCC, and 'VALUE) don't seem to be
much different from the "special" one ('VAL).  I haven't been able to
find anything in the LRM (or the index to the Rationale that I have)
on this.  So, can anyone tell me what a "special function" is?

If you'd like to look it up for yourself, the sections of the LRM are
3.5.5(7) and Annex A(48).

Thanks in advance,
--
Happy hacking!				     with Standard.Disclaimer;  --Ada
--JR (John Rogers, JohnRo@Microsoft.UUCP)    #include "disclaimer.h"    /* C */