* ncurses binding
@ 1996-11-07  0:00 Dennis W. Butler
From: Dennis W. Butler @ 1996-11-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm looking for an ada binding for the ncurses library. I'm using
Rational Apex on HPUX, if that matters to anyone.

Thanks

Dennis Butler
Comp Sci Dept
Cal Poly, SLO

* Re: ncurses binding
@ 1996-11-10  0:00 ` Juergen Pfeifer
From: Juergen Pfeifer @ 1996-11-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dbutler

Dennis W. Butler wrote:

> I'm looking for an ada binding for the ncurses library. I'm using
> Rational Apex on HPUX, if that matters to anyone.

Yes, my binding is close to come out with the next beta version
of ncurses. You may get the current ncurses drop from this locaction:

      ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/dickey/ncurses !

This is updated every weekend and is - as I said - close to beta.
The Ada95 binding covers the whole ncurses functionality including
panels, menus and forms. It contains also Text_IO style child
packages to do text io (actually output only) into (n)curses windows.
The Ada95 part is now fairly complete and the most work I put into
it at the moment is documentation and makefile cosmetics.
Last but not least I hope it is picked up by real Ada programmers
who can provide feedback to me, because I'm relatively new to Ada
(due to GNAT).

The binding is at the moment specific to GNAT as I'm using a
GNAT hashing package in one place in the forms child package.
But it should be very simple to replace this. I'll do this for
the next release. If you only need ncurses core routines, the
binding should work for any Ada95 compiler.

Cheers
Juergen
--
http://home.t-online.de/home/Juergen.Pfeifer