* HELP : ADA on Win95
@ 1996-11-08  0:00 lfa
From: lfa @ 1996-11-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I�m a Master student of Software Engineering. I�m trying to get a
reasonable ADA development environment using GNAT compiler under Win95:

1. I try gnat305 & Adacaps. Problem: Bad integration with Win95 desktop,
run-time environment.

2. I�m beginning with Win95/NT Labtek port of gnat304. What IDE to use ?

3. gnat will come out with a Win95 integrated environment (compiler +
editors) ? when ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lu�s F. Almeida

* Re: HELP : ADA on Win95
@ 1996-11-09  0:00 ` Jussi Jumppanen
From: Jussi Jumppanen @ 1996-11-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

lfa@ip.pt wrote:
> I4m a Master student of Software Engineering. I4m trying to get a
> reasonable ADA development environment using GNAT compiler under Win95:
>
> 1. I try gnat305 & Adacaps. Problem: Bad integration with Win95 desktop,
> run-time environment.
>
> 2. I4m beginning with Win95/NT Labtek port of gnat304. What IDE to use ?
>
> 3. gnat will come out with a Win95 integrated environment (compiler +
> editors) ? when ?

In answer to question 2, take a look at the Zeus editor:

  Zeus for Windows 3.x or Win32
  A powerful text editor/IDE designed specifically for programmers. Features
  include Brief, Epsilon, Emacs or Wordstar emulation,  status bar, toolbar,
  syntax colorizing, background compiler, inline error correction, unlimited
  undo/redo, keyboard macro's, templates just to name a few.

  Version: 2.15  Platforms: Windows 3.x or Win32  Size: 800K

You may want to check out the home page for lots more details and even some
nice screen shots of Zeus in action:
   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jussi/

There is an ADA.TXT file to help setup Zeus for ADA syntax highlighting on
page:
   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jussi/zLang.htm

Regards Jussi Jumppanen (jussij@ca.com.au)