* OS/2 GNAT emx 0.9C
@ 1996-11-07  0:00 Dale Pontius
From: Dale Pontius @ 1996-11-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has this combination been tested? I know GNAT 3.05 was built
using emx 0.9b, but there are now packages out there (XFree86/2
being the one that comes to mind.) that require emx 0.9c fix1.
(I'm under the impression that emx 0.9c breaks things without
fix1.)

Has someone tried this, or am I going to have to be the pioneer?

Thanks,
Dale Pontius
(NOT speaking for IBM)

* Re: OS/2 GNAT emx 0.9C
@ 1996-11-08  0:00 ` Tarjei Jensen
From: Tarjei Jensen @ 1996-11-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Dale Pontius writes:
>
>   Has this combination been tested? I know GNAT 3.05 was built
>   using emx 0.9b, but there are now packages out there (XFree86/2
>   being the one that comes to mind.) that require emx 0.9c fix1.
>   (I'm under the impression that emx 0.9c breaks things without
>   fix1.)
>
>   Has someone tried this, or am I going to have to be the pioneer?

As my home system is down with a non-working monitor you will probably be the
first into this strange new world.

Good luck,

--
// Tarjei T. Jensen
//    tarjeij@ulrik.uio.no || fax +47 51664292  || voice +47 51 85 87 39

* Re: OS/2 GNAT emx 0.9C
@ 1996-11-08  0:00 ` Geert Bosch
From: Geert Bosch @ 1996-11-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dale Pontius (pontius@btv.ibm.com) wrote:
`` Has this combination been tested? I know GNAT 3.05 was built
   using emx 0.9b, but there are now packages out there (XFree86/2
   being the one that comes to mind.) that require emx 0.9c fix1. ''

This has been tested by me rather well and I found no problems besides
the bugs that already were in GNAT v3.05. Just a minor point is that
compiling a generic package produces the error "no 386 instruction 'no'".

`` Has someone tried this, or am I going to have to be the pioneer? ''

No, you have not. I'm feeling like being the pioneer myself. ;-)
BTW. you might be interested in using my AdaPM package that is specifically
aimed at using GNAT for OS/2 and has an easy installation. You can get
the package from http://wwwedu.cs.utwente.nl/~boschg/AdaPM305.exe. Make
sure your webbrowser saves this binary file to disk.  This is a
self-extracting archive, which you can also extract yourself using
unzip. Please read the README before installing ;-) The EMX level of
the package is emx 0.c, so you might have to re-install the fix
after installing. GNAT itself does work well without the fix however.

Regards,
   Geert
--
E-Mail: geert@sun3.iaf.nl