From: nelson@scitools.com (Ken Nelson)
Subject: Re: Reverse engineering
Date: 1996/11/07
Date: 1996-11-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi David,

In article <1996Oct28.215921.18820@schbbs.mot.com>, p26332@case3.geg.mot.com
wrote:

>I am looking for a tool that will reverse engineer Ada source
>code and create a procedure calling sequence.  I have access to
>Cadre Teamwork (and reverse engineering) which I don't think will
>do this.  Also I have access to Rational Apex, which I think might
>be able to do this with a custom script.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

Our company offers a few  ways to handle this question, one
as an adjuct to Teamwork/Ada, others as stand-alone tools.

Adjunct to Teamwork/Ada
====================

   We wrote the revAda tool that you are probably using
   for ASG reverse-engineering into Teamwork/Ada.  Recently
  we've introduced a companion product called AdaNotes, which
  reverse-engineers Ada back into Teamwork/Ada Note fields.

  One of the Notes reverse-engineered is "Invocation Tree".  Once
  in the Teamwork/Ada note it can be used with the Teamwork documentation
  generation tools.

 Email me if you would like more info about this, or contact your Cayenne
  (formerly Cadre) salesperson.

Stand-Alone
==========

   If you want this textually then our ADADL Ada static analyzer produces this
   and a couple dozen other trees, cross-references, pretty-prints, etc....

   If you want this graphically, then our GrafBrowse tool provides call-by
  and/or invocation tree (interactive or in postscript form) as well as
  Booch-Buhr style ASGs. It is also integrated with Teamwork/Ada.

  For examples of this see http://www.scitools.com

 Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ken N.