* Calling Ada Library from C++
@ 2009-02-23 16:14 markp
From: markp @ 2009-02-23 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am trying to make a static Ada library that is callable from Visual C
++. I have created a my_library.a file by using a GNAT project file
similar to the following:

project My_Lib is
   for Source_Dirs use ("src1", "src2");
   for Object_Dir use "obj";
   for Library_Name use "my_library";
   for Library_Dir use "lib";
   for Library_Kind use "static";
end My_lib;

I am not familiar with adding libraries to Visual C++. It appears the
convention is a ".lib" file vice a ".a". Am I on the right track with
this? Can I simply rename my ".a" file, or use it as is? How do I link
it into the C++ application? Any help provided on this would be very
much appreciated.

Thank you.

* Re: Calling Ada Library from C++
@ 2009-02-23 20:41 ` Manuel Gomez
From: Manuel Gomez @ 2009-02-23 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I cannot help you myself, but take a loot at this wikibook article, it
might be useful:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Platform/Windows/Visual_C%2B%2B_-_GNAT_interface