From: Adam Beneschan <adam@irvine.com>
Subject: Re: Those annoying HMTL entities from Google Groups
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:18:50 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-07-20T17:18:50-07:00	[thread overview]

On Friday, July 20, 2012 5:06:48 PM UTC-7, Jerry wrote:

> That would include me. :-/ My ISP, CenturyLink, formerly Qwest Communications, which is a major U.S. telecom company and what was one of the "mini-Bell" spinoffs a number of years ago, does not provide usenet. Really. Thus I use Google Groups and its rudimentary newsreader. And Google is now forcing users to a new system and it might be the new system which is causing the pain.

I don't know what you mean by a "new system"...  There has been a "New Google Groups" around for many months now, but this bug was just introduced recently.  The quoting was working fine until a week or two ago.  So I don't think the "new system" is the cause of the pain; I think they just plain screwed up.  Probably because they didn't write their software in Ada. :)

                           -- Adam