* Re: Oberon-2 (was: Publishing Known Bugs in CodeWarrior)
       [not found] <AE9BEC0B-84E87@199.173.0.243>
@ 1996-10-31  0:00 ` Laurent Gasser
From: Laurent Gasser @ 1996-10-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <AE9BEC0B-84E87@199.173.0.243>, "Aidan Cully" <aidan@xanadu.kublai.com> writes:
[about usefulness of templates/genericity]

> Templates lead to tremendous code bloat, as the functions have to be defined
> for every class that they are instantiated with because of the size of
> elements in the class (does anyone know if this is true for pointer
> classes?  Can one instantiate a template with a pointer class?) and
> name-mangling and member functions.  I would advise avoidance if at all
> possible.

Ada compilers have been dealing with generics for 10 years now.  They may
have the experience and give us some insight about the topic.  Especially
since GNAT, the Ada 95 is now available for PowerMac.

Visit <http://www.tenon.com>  and <http://gnat-mac.com/macada/>

--
Laurent Gasser (lga@sma.ch)
Computers do not solve problems, they execute solutions.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-10-31  0:00 UTC | newest]