* how to handle date and time
@ 1996-10-25  0:00 Noam Kloos
From: Noam Kloos @ 1996-10-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, how can I get the current time of my system. Im using Gnat for
Linux.
I guess its in the Calendar packgae but i have not found its specs.
There is a package Julian date but it does not handle time.

* Re: how to handle date and time
@ 1996-10-28  0:00 ` Mike Bishop
From: Mike Bishop @ 1996-10-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Noam Kloos wrote:

> Hello, how can I get the current time of my system. Im using Gnat for
> Linux.
> I guess its in the Calendar packgae but i have not found its specs.
> There is a package Julian date but it does not handle time.

Calendar.Clock should give you want you want.

--
Mike Bishop
mikeb@wizard.unitedspacealliance.com

* Re: how to handle date and time
@ 1996-10-29  0:00 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1996-10-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3270C5FD.13108478@3wis.nl>, Noam Kloos  <noam@3wis.nl> wrote:
>Hello, how can I get the current time of my system. Im using Gnat for
>Linux.
>I guess its in the Calendar packgae but i have not found its specs.

Correct.

>There is a package Julian date but it does not handle time.

That's not a standard package; where did you find it?

Time of day is in Ada.Calendar. Here's a program that uses the desired
operations. Feel free to use it but do not remove the block comment at
the beginning.

The program was designed so that the average first-semester student
can understand it, so it's rather elementary in form, but it does
illustrates some of the operations.

You really should get an electronic copy of the RM from the web.
The html version at www.adahome.com is quite nice.

Mike Feldman
---
WITH Ada.Text_IO;
WITH Ada.Integer_Text_IO;
WITH Ada.Calendar;
PROCEDURE Time_of_Day IS
--| Displays the current time in hh:mm:ss form, 24-hour clock
--| Author: Michael B. Feldman, The George Washington University
--| Last Modified: July 1995

  TYPE DayInteger IS RANGE 0..86400;

  CurrentTime      : Ada.Calendar.Time;
  SecsPastMidnight : DayInteger;
  MinsPastMidnight : Natural;
  Secs             : Natural;
  Mins             : Natural;
  Hrs              : Natural;

BEGIN -- Time_of_Day

  CurrentTime := Ada.Calendar.Clock;

  SecsPastMidnight := DayInteger(Ada.Calendar.Seconds(CurrentTime));
  MinsPastMidnight := Natural(SecsPastMidnight/60);
  Secs             := Natural(SecsPastMidnight REM 60);
  Mins             := MinsPastMidnight REM 60;
  Hrs              := MinsPastMidnight / 60;

  Ada.Text_IO.Put(Item => "The current time is ");
  Ada.Integer_Text_IO.Put (Item => Hrs, Width => 1);
  Ada.Text_IO.Put (Item => ':');

  IF Mins < 10 THEN
    Ada.Text_IO.Put (Item => '0');
  END IF;
  Ada.Integer_Text_IO.Put (Item => Mins, Width => 1);
  Ada.Text_IO.Put (Item => ':');

  IF Secs < 10 THEN
    Ada.Text_IO.Put (Item => '0');
  END IF;
  Ada.Integer_Text_IO.Put (Item => Secs, Width => 1);

END Time_of_Day;