* Re: Beginners question about serial port
@ 1996-10-29  0:00 tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1996-10-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Where I can find documentation on how can I access
>serial port of my IBM PC through the ada?
  Since Ada programs often run on systems which have no serial port
there is nothing specific in the Ada language (or any other general
language) to access such an option.  But your compiler vendor almost
certainly supplies either a library package to do it, or at the
least some way to do OS calls or to access the system's IO ports, or
to call a program written in another language (eg, assembler) to do
what's needed.  What compiler, hardware, and OS are you using?

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-10-29  0:00 UTC | newest]