From: WhiteR@CRPL.Cedar-Rapids.lib.IA.US (Robert S. White)
Subject: Re: objectada for GREAT programs ? - SLOC phys vs logical?
Date: 1996/10/28
Date: 1996-10-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <kmradke-2610961017440001@dip24.inav.net>, kmradke@inav.net says...
...snip...
>I suppose confusion of terminology.  My lines of code does NOT count
>comments, and this code is HEAVILY commented.  The actual lines of
>code counting comments is at least double the original amount.

  Come on!  This seems like a perfect troll to get into a long thread
about physical SLOC (ugh!) versus logical SLOC (yah!) software metic
data collection/effort estimating.  Sigh...it seems that the OFFICIAL
channels have dictated that physical SLOC be used.  When I and most of my
co-workers estimate a software task, a mental image of the amount of
logical SLOC comes to mind.  Now if we only had a HUGE database of
physical SLOC metrics for EXACTLY similar tasks to drawn on...

  But SEI/CMM practices will make this better eventually...hope...hope...
Robert S. White                    -- an embedded sys software engineer
WhiteR@CRPL.Cedar-Rapids.lib.IA.US --long/cheap alternate I-net address