From: "Frédéric Praca" <frederic.praca@free.fr>
Subject: Re: Ada for the next bare metal project?
Date: 18 Feb 2015 10:29:14 GMT
Date: 2015-02-18T11:29:14+01:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 08:40:43 -0800, droiddermo wrote:

> Hello, friends! I'm going to implement a new project, that needs to run
> without operating system on bare metal x86 and x64 processors. And I'm
> thinking about using Ada instead of C. First of all what compiler should
> I use (free one)? Is it easy to use Ada without runtime (that depends on
> operating system api)? What language features will I miss? Is there a
> ready to use bare metal RTS, or I need to build my own?

If you don't want to build your own RTS, you could use :
- MaRTEOS http://marte.unican.es/ which is an Ada RTOS
- RTEMS https://www.rtems.org/ which is a C RTOS where you can use Ada to
develop applications

The first one is quite easy to setup while the second was last time I
tested it more difficult to use with Ada.

Hope it helps

Fred