From: bscrawford@aol.com (BSCrawford)
Subject: Re: ObjectAda Professional GUI Builder
Date: 1996/10/18
Date: 1996-10-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Frank C. Post wrote (in part):

> My question is:  How does the GUI Bulder work?  I've searched the
documents
> from start to finish, and though it's very descriptive concerning its
> abilities, it provides VERY LITTLE syntactical help.  What now?  Can
anyone
> point me in the direction of additional references?  Or send me some
sample
> code?

Matthew S. Whiting replied (in part)

>I'm at home and thus can't fire up ObjectAda to take a look, but I found
an
>example that walks you through building a very simple GuiBuilder
application
>that has a button that simply changes the window background color to red.
 It
>isn't much, but it walks you through the basic steps.

That simple example can be found in the GUI Builder Help document under
the title, "Creating your first GUI application."  I have created several
added small examples in the (upcoming) Version 2.3, Volume 3 of HOT_Ada
(which is bundled in with ObjectAda).  These examples also represent the
GUI Builder-generated code pictorially.  I will be happy to send you
(Frank Post) a free copy of the new version as soon as it is ready
(in a couple of weeks) -- if you agree to give me some feedback on
how/if it helped -- and send me a mailing address.

Bard Crawford
Stage Harbor Software
bscrawford@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/HOTAda/