* Ada Programming now a featuresd book
@ 2007-04-26  6:38 Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2007-04-26  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Ada Programming is now a Ada featured book on Wikibooks. The Ada book is
the ony book on programming languages which reached that state :-).

Now, anybody here with marketing experience to update our advertising
template:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Featured_Books/Book2

Martin

* Re: Ada Programming now a featuresd book
@ 2007-04-26  9:14 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2007-04-26  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 08:38 +0200, Martin Krischik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ada Programming is now a Ada featured book on Wikibooks. The Ada book is
> the ony book on programming languages which reached that state :-).
>
> Now, anybody here with marketing experience to update our advertising
> template:
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Featured_Books/Book2

And if I may, if there is  anyone who remembers what were and
what are the outstanding qualities of having "package" in a
language the way Ada has them?
It should be a most valuable addition to the book to have the
two remaining stubs in the packages page replaced with a few
suitable paragraphs.
  Any hints, however tentative, pasted here can be worked into
the pages, in case you don't want to get acquainted with yet
another markup language (Wiki language in this case).

Ichbiah mentions the importance of packages in his 1984 interview,
 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/358274.358278
Dewar speaks about them during his MIT lecture,
 http://www.adacore.com/home/ada_answers/lectures

The wikibook page is
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Packages

* Re: Ada Programming now a featuresd book
@ 2007-04-27 14:33 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2007-04-27 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Krischik schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Ada Programming is now a Ada featured book on Wikibooks. The Ada book is
> the ony book on programming languages which reached that state :-).
>
> Now, anybody here with marketing experience to update our advertising
> template:
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Featured_Books/Book2
>
> Martin

I just found a 2nd advertising entry: Now I wonder which is best:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Featured_books/Templates
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Featured_Books/Book2

or one of other the alternatives from:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks_talk:Featured_Books/Book2

Or a mix of any. Opinions? Come on, we just had the question "What is
wrong with Ada?" - we should not miss a change to advertise ourself!

And, off course, anyone confident in marketing can just go ahead and
change the entries.

@ 2007-04-27 19:36   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2007-04-27 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> I just found a 2nd advertising entry: Now I wonder which is best:
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Featured_books/Templates
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Featured_Books/Book2
>
> or one of other the alternatives from:
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks_talk:Featured_Books/Book2

The Featured_books/Templates version is very
flat. Wikibooks:Featured_Books/Book2 is better. I did a minor edit of
Wikibooks_talk:Featured_Books/Book2 option 3, but it might be too
long; option 4 is tempting, too ..

* Re: Ada Programming now a featuresd book
@ 2007-04-28  7:16     ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2007-04-28  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Wright wrote:

> Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>
>> I just found a 2nd advertising entry: Now I wonder which is best:
>>
>> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Featured_books/Templates
>> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Featured_Books/Book2
>>
>> or one of other the alternatives from:
>>
>> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks_talk:Featured_Books/Book2
>
> The Featured_books/Templates version is very
> flat.

I don't think it was an Ada expert who did it.

> Wikibooks:Featured_Books/Book2 is better.

> I did a minor edit of
> Wikibooks_talk:Featured_Books/Book2 option 3, but it might be too
> long; option 4 is tempting, too ..

I did those two originally - but they where of course changed over time.
Well Scheme and Haskel has long texts as well. But option 3 also uses
references which is unsuitable for for portal site.

Anyway the current version is to flat - for now I linked
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Featured_books/Templates to
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Featured_Books/Book2 but I consider
option 4. Just wonder if option 4 is to technical...

Again opinions?

Martin

--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net