From: JP Thornley <jpt@diphi.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Regarding Microtec
Date: 1998/02/26
Date: 1998-02-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article: <6cuv9l$8vo$1@gte1.gte.net>  Rakesh Malhotra
<rakesh.malhotra@safetran.com> writes:
> In fact,in 1992 we used the Alsys Ada compiler (now
> Aonix) and they had a run-time called C-SMART (for Certified-Small Ada
                                                     ^^^^^^^^^
> Runtime)

Only a small point, but the C stands for Certifiable - a certificate
only ever applies to an overall system, of which the run-time is just
one part.

It is called Certifiable because the vendor provides all the necessary
evidence for the user to pass to the certification authorities.

(Once an IV&V man, always an IV&V man :-)

Phil Thornley

| JP Thornley    EMail jpt@diphi.demon.co.uk                           |
|                      phil.thornley@acm.org                           |