* Cannot generate code for file gtkada-intl.ads
@ 2009-01-25 20:46 tolkamp
From: tolkamp @ 2009-01-25 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

To plot results of my project I have installed gtaAda and Win_Io.
The projectname is test.gpr with the package test_main.adb.
When I build the executable the following message occurs:

gnatmake -PC:\GNAT\bin\test.gpr test_main.adb -d -XGLADE=True -
XEXTRA=True -XOPENGL=True -XGNOME=True -XBUILD=Production
gcc -c -gnatec=C:\GtkAda-gpl-2.10.2\src/gnat.adc -gnatQ -O2 -gnatn -
gnatws -I- -gnatA C:\GtkAda-gpl-2.10.2\src\gtkada-intl.ads
cannot generate code for file gtkada-intl.ads (package spec)
to check package spec for errors, use -gnatc
gnatmake: "c:\gtkada-gpl-2.10.2\src\gtkada-intl.ads" compilation error

process exited with status4 (elapsed time: 02.48s)

What is wrong in package gtkada-intl.ads?

* Re: Cannot generate code for file gtkada-intl.ads
@ 2009-01-25 20:58 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2009-01-25 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

tolkamp <f.tolk...@gmail.com> wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> To plot results of my project I have installed gtaAda and Win_Io.
> The projectname is test.gpr with the package test_main.adb.
> When I build the executable the following message occurs:
>
> gnatmake -PC:\GNAT\bin\test.gpr test_main.adb -d -XGLADE=True -
> XEXTRA=True -XOPENGL=True -XGNOME=True -XBUILD=Production
> gcc -c -gnatec=C:\GtkAda-gpl-2.10.2\src/gnat.adc -gnatQ -O2 -gnatn -
> gnatws -I- -gnatA C:\GtkAda-gpl-2.10.2\src\gtkada-intl.ads
> cannot generate code for file gtkada-intl.ads (package spec)
> to check package spec for errors, use -gnatc
> gnatmake: "c:\gtkada-gpl-2.10.2\src\gtkada-intl.ads" compilation error
>
> process exited with status4 (elapsed time: 02.48s)
>
> What is wrong in package gtkada-intl.ads?

The body (gtkada-intl.adb) is missing. This body is generated by a
preprocessor called by the GtkAda makefile. Apparently you did not use
the GtkAda makefile. Are you sure you followed the GtkAda installation
instructions to the letter?

HTH

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: Cannot generate code for file gtkada-intl.ads
@ 2009-01-26 12:07   ` tolkamp
From: tolkamp @ 2009-01-26 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25 jan, 21:58, Ludovic Brenta <ludo...@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:
> tolkamp <f.tolk...@gmail.com> wrote on comp.lang.ada:
>
> > To plot results of my project I have installed gtaAda and Win_Io.
> > The projectname is test.gpr with the package test_main.adb.
> > When I build the executable the following message occurs:
>
> > gnatmake -PC:\GNAT\bin\test.gpr test_main.adb -d -XGLADE=True -
> > XEXTRA=True -XOPENGL=True -XGNOME=True -XBUILD=Production
> > gcc -c -gnatec=C:\GtkAda-gpl-2.10.2\src/gnat.adc -gnatQ -O2 -gnatn -
> > gnatws -I- -gnatA C:\GtkAda-gpl-2.10.2\src\gtkada-intl.ads
> > cannot generate code for file gtkada-intl.ads (package spec)
> > to check package spec for errors, use -gnatc
> > gnatmake: "c:\gtkada-gpl-2.10.2\src\gtkada-intl.ads" compilation error
>
> > process exited with status4 (elapsed time: 02.48s)
>
> > What is wrong in package gtkada-intl.ads?
>
> The body (gtkada-intl.adb) is missing. This body is generated by a
> preprocessor called by the GtkAda makefile. Apparently you did not use
> the GtkAda makefile. Are you sure you followed the GtkAda installation
> instructions to the letter?
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Ludovic Brenta.

I have found the file gtkada-intl.ads via Project View in directory:
C:\GtkAda-gpl-2.10.2\src.
Indeed, the body of the spec is missing.
How can the makefile be used to generate the body?

* Re: Cannot generate code for file gtkada-intl.ads
@ 2009-01-26 14:14     ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2009-01-26 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-01-26 16:17       ` tolkamp
From: tolkamp @ 2009-01-26 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26 jan, 15:14, Ludovic Brenta <ludo...@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 1:07 pm, tolkamp <f.tolk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The body (gtkada-intl.adb) is missing. This body is generated by a
> > > preprocessor called by the GtkAda makefile. Apparently you did not use
> > > the GtkAda makefile. Are you sure you followed the GtkAda installation
> > > instructions to the letter?
>
> > > HTH
>
> > I have found the file gtkada-intl.ads via Project View in directory:
> > C:\GtkAda-gpl-2.10.2\src.
> > Indeed, the body of the spec is missing.
> > How can the makefile be used to generate the body?
>
> Are you sure you followed the GtkAda installation
> instructions to the letter?
>
> --
> Ludovic Brenta.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

I suppose you mean the GtkAda User's Guide from website:
https://libre2.adacore.com/GtkAda/docs/2.8/gtkada_ug/gtkada_ug.html#SEC21?