From: bobd@dshovax.UUCP (Bob Dietrich)
Subject: Re: How to get Ada private types in C
Date: Tue, 17-Mar-87 20:25:50 EST	[thread overview]
Date: Tue Mar 17 20:25:50 1987

In article <513@ci-dandelion.UUCP> congdon@ci-dandelion.UUCP (Robert M. Congdon)
writes:

>Pascal allows usage of a pointer types in type definitions before the
>base type of the pointer type has been defined for self-referential
>types as well.  In fact, I think that this is the only example of
>'usage before definition' in Standard Pascal (where even labels have to
>be pre-defined!).
>
>--
>Robert M. Congdon    UUCP: {talcott,vaxine,mit-eddie}!ci-dandelion!congdon
>Cognition, Inc.      PHONE: (617) 667-4800
>900 Tech Park Drive
>Billerica, MA 01821

Pascal also allows another case (effectively): program parameters appear in
the program heading before their definition as variables. In addition,
Extended Pascal adds the identifiers that are exported as constituents of
a module interface.

				Bob Dietrich
				Intel Corporation, Hillsboro, Oregon
				(503) 681-2092
		usenet:		tektronix!reed!omssw2!dshovax!bobd