From: amado.alves@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Symmetric matrices only!
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:19:25 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-04-18T08:19:25-07:00	[thread overview]

Thanks all for the excellent replies.

Incidentally, I found out that I do *not* have Generic_Real_Arrays on
my GNAT GPL 2006 on Mac OS X 10.4 anyway, so now I have the added
problem of installing GPL 2007 in the hopes... (I have other problems
that I can solve with the Solve function, and eventually I may
reformat the eigenproblem likewise, or work with two symmetric
matrices in lieu of one nonsymmetric).

Or else I shall try the BLAS or another tool suggested here.

For the record, the matrices are of real numbers, they represent
hypertexts, and normally the large matrices are sparse.

Thanks a lot.