* Re: Numerical Routines in Ada
@ 1996-10-15  0:00 Laurent Gasser
From: Laurent Gasser @ 1996-10-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3255B98B.7832@fls.infi.net>, Norm Hecht <nhecht@fls.infi.net> writes:
> Does anyone know where I could find numerical routines in Ada that
> I could download, or if all else fails, some books that would
> provide routines such as Runge-Kutta integration, matrix inversion,
> finding zeros of functions, etc?
> 	I'm new at Ada, and figure it would be easier to start doing the
> numerical work I need to do if I had some good examples to build on.
> 	Thanks for your help!
>
> Norm Hecht

It took me some time to get my hands on the french book I was thinking
of.  And here it is

  Jean-Etienne Rombaldi
  "Algorithmique numerique et Ada"
  Masson 1994
  ISBN 2-225-84384-8

This book comes with a DOS floppy disk, with packages written in Ada 83
for OpenAda.  It goes through the following topics:

  linear numerical analysis (matrices, linear systems, eigenvalues)
  non-linear systems (Newton, roots of polynomials)
  approximation and interpolation (Bernstein, Bezier, B-Splines)
  numeric approximation of integrals (Gauus, Monte-Carlo, FFT)
  ordinary differential equations (Runge-Kutta, shooting method)
  finite differences

The author has now moved.  But I would bet that he keeps working
with Ada.

--
Laurent Gasser (lga@sma.ch)
Computers do not solve problems, they execute solutions.

* Numerical Routines in Ada
@ 1996-10-04  0:00 Norm Hecht