From: mgv@cs.sc.edu (Marco Valtorta)
Subject: Re: Is anybody teaching Pl1 these days?
Date: 1996/10/09
Date: 1996-10-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

rav@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au (Robin Vowels) writes:

>Here are some colleges and universities in the USA that are
>offering PL/I programming courses.  There are probably many more . . .

>We know that some universities/colleges are using PL/I for OS/2,
>but whether any of those on the list below is using PL/I for
>OS/2 or mainframe or whatever, we don't know . . .

>University of South Carolina, College of Science & Mathematics

I am afraid that this piece of information is incorrect.  We have not
offered a PL/I programming course for several years.  By the way, we
have used C++ in our CS-1 course since Fall 1994 and have used Pascal
before that for several years.

I suspect that your information is based on a list provided at the time that
the Department of Computer Science was not a separate entity within the College
of Science and Mathematics, but was part of the Department of Mathematics,
Computer Science, and Statistics.  This was back in the seventies.

Marco Valtorta, Associate Professor and Undergraduate Director
Department of Computer Science  internet: mgv@usceast.cs.sc.edu
University of South Carolina    tel.: (1)(803)777-4641 fax: -3767
Columbia, SC 29208, U.S.A.      http://www.cs.sc.edu/~mgv/ tlx: 805038 USC