From: rav@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au (Robin Vowels)
Subject: Re: Is anybody teaching Pl1 these days?
Date: 1996/10/09
Date: 1996-10-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

	Mike Glasgow <Mike.Glasgow@lmco.com> writes:

	>I'm doing a quick and dirty survey to find out if any college/university
	>is still teaching programming using PL1.  Passing mention in a history
	>of programming languages class doesn't count.  Of course I don't expect
	>to find any (or at least not many), I just need to have something better
	>than intuition to back up the assertion that nobody is teaching it
	>anymore.  BTW, I'm not out to bash PL1, just need some facts.

	>So, if you know that a particular college/university does or does not
	>have any programming courses that use PL1, please send me email with the
	>name of the institution and the verdict.

Here are some colleges and universities in the USA that are
offering PL/I programming courses.  There are probably many more . . .

We know that some universities/colleges are using PL/I for OS/2,
but whether any of those on the list below is using PL/I for
OS/2 or mainframe or whatever, we don't know . . .

City University of New York at Brooklyn

Engineering Math & Computer Science, University of Louisville

Computer Information Systems, Chatanooga

University of Michigan

	- Dearborn; Computer & Information Systems Department

Dallas County Community College District

North Michigan University

University of South Carolina, College of Science & Mathematics

Illinois Valley College

Wayne State University

	- Henry Ford Community College, Computer Information Systems

	- Highland Park Community College