From: brashear@ns1.sw-eng.falls-church.va.us (Philip Brashear)
Subject: Re: Ada testsuite(s) ?
Date: 1996/10/07
Date: 1996-10-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <yqyrangukha.fsf@aut.alcatel.at>,
Martin Pottendorfer  <Martin.Pottendorfer@aut.alcatel.at> wrote:
>hi,
>
>i'm interested in a collection of ada-testprograms which could give a
>feeling about the quality of an ada implementation/port.  if there is
>a `standard validation suite' freely available it would be even better

Well, do you want validation or quality assessment?  They're quite different.
A compiler that is extremely awkward to use, slower than molasses, and has
no support tools may still pass the standard validation suite (ACVC 2.0.1
right now, available via the AJPO host at URL http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/
)

For quality, there's a different story.  The ACES can help measure some
usability characteristics and certain performance characteristics.  Try
the same host as above, but look at .../adaic/testing/aces

I can provide very limited consultation on the ACES, or we can look at
funded consultation if you like.

Phil Brashear
CTA INCORPORATED
(513) 258-0831