* A way to do a huge Ada promotion
@ 2014-05-26 18:40 Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2014-05-26 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have started a project which will overthrow the Web:

http://freesoft.portonvictor.org/namespaces.xml

I am going to write the software implementing my specification in Ada.

The choice of Ada language is twofold: First, it is a very good and
efficient programmimg language (especially when used with multiple
CPUs/cores) and second I want to promote Ada because it is a very good
language.

It is a HUGE opportunity to promote Ada language!

Please also participate in my project (sending comments to the specification
and/or doing programming).

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

* Re: A way to do a huge Ada promotion
@ 2014-05-26 18:46 ` Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2014-05-26 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Victor Porton wrote:

> I have started a project which will overthrow the Web:
>
> http://freesoft.portonvictor.org/namespaces.xml
>
> I am going to write the software implementing my specification in Ada.
>
> The choice of Ada language is twofold: First, it is a very good and
> efficient programmimg language (especially when used with multiple
> CPUs/cores) and second I want to promote Ada because it is a very good
> language.
>
> It is a HUGE opportunity to promote Ada language!
>
> Please also participate in my project (sending comments to the
> specification and/or doing programming).

Note that I am not going to work on this project right away.

First I am going to finish the first volume of my math research monograph
(unrelated with this project). It may probably take a month.

--

@ 2014-05-26 19:36 ` Bill Findlay
From: Bill Findlay @ 2014-05-26 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26/05/2014 19:40, in article lm01r6$g7a$1@speranza.aioe.org, "Victor
Porton" <porton@narod.ru> wrote:

> Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

=>

"Homosexuality is certainly a sin or a pathology."

Still using comp.lang.ada to promote your rampant homophobia, I see.

--
Bill Findlay
with blueyonder.co.uk;

* Re: A way to do a huge Ada promotion
@ 2014-05-26 20:02   ` Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2014-05-26 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill Findlay wrote:

> On 26/05/2014 19:40, in article lm01r6$g7a$1@speranza.aioe.org, "Victor
> Porton" <porton@narod.ru> wrote:
>
>> Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org
>
> =>
>
> "Homosexuality is certainly a sin or a pathology."
>
> Still using comp.lang.ada to promote your rampant homophobia, I see.

Sorry for an offtopic, but that my page says that Sodom was destroyed NOT
for their homosexuality:

http://endofgospel.wordpress.com/2012/12/15/myth-evangelical-christianity/

--

@ 2014-05-26 20:22     ` Bill Findlay
From: Bill Findlay @ 2014-05-26 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26/05/2014 21:02, in article lm06ka$tgp$1@speranza.aioe.org, "Victor
Porton" <porton@narod.ru> wrote:

> Bill Findlay wrote:
>
>> On 26/05/2014 19:40, in article lm01r6$g7a$1@speranza.aioe.org, "Victor
>> Porton" <porton@narod.ru> wrote:
>>
>>> Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org
>>
>> =>
>>
>> "Homosexuality is certainly a sin or a pathology."
>>
>> Still using comp.lang.ada to promote your rampant homophobia, I see.
>
> Sorry for an offtopic, but that my page says that Sodom was destroyed NOT
> for their homosexuality:

I am not interested in fictitious genocides by fictitious entities in
fictitious cities.

The sentence I quoted is reproduced /exactly/ from your website, which you
promote here in comp.lang.ada, and is presented there as your opinion.
So my remark is entirely accurate, and you are trying to weasel out of it.

--
Bill Findlay
with blueyonder.co.uk;

* Re: A way to do a huge Ada promotion
@ 2014-05-26 20:39       ` Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2014-05-26 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill Findlay wrote:

> On 26/05/2014 21:02, in article lm06ka$tgp$1@speranza.aioe.org, "Victor
> Porton" <porton@narod.ru> wrote:
>
>> Bill Findlay wrote:

>>> =>
>>>
>>> "Homosexuality is certainly a sin or a pathology."
>>>
>>> Still using comp.lang.ada to promote your rampant homophobia, I see.
>>
>> Sorry for an offtopic, but that my page says that Sodom was destroyed NOT
>> for their homosexuality:
>
> I am not interested in fictitious genocides by fictitious entities in
> fictitious cities.
>
> The sentence I quoted is reproduced /exactly/ from your website, which you
> promote here in comp.lang.ada, and is presented there as your opinion.
> So my remark is entirely accurate, and you are trying to weasel out of it.

Note, that I am not only homophobic, I am also maniacophobic:

http://endofgospel.org/

(Again sorry for an offtopic, but Bill intends to assault me.)

--

@ 2014-05-26 22:05         ` Bill Findlay
From: Bill Findlay @ 2014-05-26 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26/05/2014 21:39, in article lm08p3$360$1@speranza.aioe.org, "Victor
Porton" <porton@narod.ru> wrote:

> Bill Findlay wrote:
>
>> On 26/05/2014 21:02, in article lm06ka$tgp$1@speranza.aioe.org, "Victor
>> Porton" <porton@narod.ru> wrote:

>>> Sorry for an offtopic, but that my page says that Sodom was destroyed NOT
>>> for their homosexuality:
>>
>> I am not interested in fictitious genocides by fictitious entities in
>> fictitious cities.
>>
>> The sentence I quoted is reproduced /exactly/ from your website, which you
>> promote here in comp.lang.ada, and is presented there as your opinion.
>> So my remark is entirely accurate, and you are trying to weasel out of it.
>
> (Again sorry for an offtopic, but Bill intends to assault me.)

Your website assaults me and millions of others.
Stop trying to pretend that you are somehow the victim.

--
Bill Findlay
with blueyonder.co.uk;

* Re: A way to do a huge Ada promotion
@ 2014-05-27  3:33     ` Dan'l Miller
From: Dan'l Miller @ 2014-05-27  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, May 26, 2014 3:02:22 PM UTC-5, Victor Porton wrote:
> Bill Findlay wrote:
> > "Homosexuality is certainly a sin or a pathology."
> > Still using comp.lang.ada to promote your rampant homophobia, I see.
>
> Sorry for an offtopic, but that my page says that Sodom was destroyed NOT
> for their homosexuality:
> http://endofgospel.wordpress.com/2012/12/15/myth-evangelical-christianity/
>
> --
>
> Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

Victor, if you truly want to advocate Ada, you might want to take this thread as a hint to have entirely separate websites for technical/scientific work and for religious/biology content.  If they were to be entirely separate with no religious content on the Ada-related URLs, then someone who disagrees with your religious or psychological/biological beliefs would not have a simple direct vector of attack via the Ada-related URL that you posted.  Conversely, regarding your conjecture of "pathology", we all on both sides of the homosexuality issue eagerly await definitive irrefutable scientific proof of the cause(s) of homosexuality.  But because the jury is still out regarding irrefutable peer-reviewed reproducible scientific evidence of the cause(s) of homosexuality, perhaps for the foreseeable future that topic in biology & psychology should be kept entirely disparate from Ada on the website whose URLs that you post regarding Ada and regarding advocacy of Ada.  All the various legal theories of freedom of speech and freedom of religion aside:  this is simply the zeitgeist in which we currently live.

* Re: A way to do a huge Ada promotion
@ 2014-05-27  5:51 ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2014-05-27  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26-May-14 12:40, Victor Porton wrote:
> I have started a project which will overthrow the Web:
>
> http://freesoft.portonvictor.org/namespaces.xml
>
> I am going to write the software implementing my specification in Ada.
>
> The choice of Ada language is twofold: First, it is a very good and
> efficient programmimg language (especially when used with multiple
> CPUs/cores) and second I want to promote Ada because it is a very good
> language.
>
> It is a HUGE opportunity to promote Ada language!
>
> Please also participate in my project (sending comments to the specification
> and/or doing programming).

While I like your enthusiasm/choice here I wonder what would really be
gained by an XML namespace transformation utility.

IMO, the two items which [if adopted] would profoundly change the web
are the following:
(1)	A protocol designed for state; much of the Web2.0 stuff is achieved
by tacking state on to 'web apps' even though the underlying systems are
ill-equipped for it as they are stateless protocols.
(2)	A standard engine/language geared towards /layout/ -- which is
achieved in /ad hoc/ and cumbersome manner via CSS -- PostScript would
be ideal for this.

* Re: A way to do a huge Ada promotion
@ 2014-05-27 11:42       ` Bill Findlay
From: Bill Findlay @ 2014-05-27 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27/05/2014 04:33, in article
aa5748bc-1990-4c16-b97e-2edbebacc32c@googlegroups.com, "Dan'l Miller"
<optikos@verizon.net> wrote:

> On Monday, May 26, 2014 3:02:22 PM UTC-5, Victor Porton wrote:
>> Bill Findlay wrote:
>>> "Homosexuality is certainly a sin or a pathology."
>>> Still using comp.lang.ada to promote your rampant homophobia, I see.
>>
>> Sorry for an offtopic, but that my page says that Sodom was destroyed NOT
>> for their homosexuality:
>> http://endofgospel.wordpress.com/2012/12/15/myth-evangelical-christianity/
>>
>> --
>>
>> Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org
>
> Victor, if you truly want to advocate Ada, you might want to take this thread
> as a hint to have entirely separate websites for technical/scientific work and
> for religious/biology content.  If they were to be entirely separate with no
> religious content on the Ada-related URLs, then someone who disagrees with
> your religious or psychological/biological beliefs would not have a simple
> direct vector of attack via the Ada-related URL that you posted.

Porton is the attacker here.

> regarding your conjecture of "pathology", we all on both sides of the
> homosexuality issue eagerly await definitive irrefutable scientific proof of
> the cause(s) of homosexuality.  But because the jury is still out regarding
> irrefutable peer-reviewed reproducible scientific evidence of the cause(s) of
> homosexuality,

Or, indeed, heterosexuality ...

> perhaps for the foreseeable future that topic in biology &
> psychology should be kept entirely disparate from Ada on the website whose
> URLs that you post regarding Ada and regarding advocacy of Ada.  All the
> various legal theories of freedom of speech and freedom of religion aside:
> this is simply the zeitgeist in which we currently live.

Civilised, you mean?

--
Bill Findlay
with blueyonder.co.uk;

* Re: A way to do a huge Ada promotion
@ 2014-05-27 12:50       ` Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2014-05-27 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan'l Miller wrote:

> On Monday, May 26, 2014 3:02:22 PM UTC-5, Victor Porton wrote:
>> Bill Findlay wrote:
>> > "Homosexuality is certainly a sin or a pathology."
>> > Still using comp.lang.ada to promote your rampant homophobia, I see.
>>
>> Sorry for an offtopic, but that my page says that Sodom was destroyed NOT
>> for their homosexuality:
>> http://endofgospel.wordpress.com/2012/12/15/myth-evangelical-christianity/
>>
>> --
>>
>> Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org
>
> Victor, if you truly want to advocate Ada, you might want to take this
> thread as a hint to have entirely separate websites for
> technical/scientific work and for religious/biology content.  If they were
> to be entirely separate with no religious content on the Ada-related URLs,
> then someone who disagrees with your religious or psychological/biological
> beliefs would not have a simple direct vector of attack via the
> Ada-related URL that you posted.  Conversely, regarding your conjecture of
> "pathology", we all on both sides of the homosexuality issue eagerly await
> definitive irrefutable scientific proof of the cause(s) of homosexuality.
> But because the jury is still out regarding irrefutable peer-reviewed
> reproducible scientific evidence of the cause(s) of homosexuality, perhaps
> for the foreseeable future that topic in biology & psychology should be
> kept entirely disparate from Ada on the website whose URLs that you post
> regarding Ada and regarding advocacy of Ada.  All the various legal
> theories of freedom of speech and freedom of religion aside:  this is
> simply the zeitgeist in which we currently live.

Just to clarify: There are no direct links between my sites about different
topics. There are only links to/from my homepage to/from every my topical
site.

So your suggestion is basically to delete my homepage. I am not going to
follow this advise.

--

@ 2014-05-27 13:16         ` Bill Findlay
From: Bill Findlay @ 2014-05-27 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27/05/2014 13:50, in article lm21nc$4fj$1@speranza.aioe.org, "Victor
Porton" <porton@narod.ru> wrote:

> Just to clarify: There are no direct links between my sites about different
> topics. There are only links to/from my homepage to/from every my topical
> site.

You are contradicting yourself (to put it kindly).

On http://portonvictor.org  you offer these links:

> My math blog
> My software/programming blog
> My religious blog

The third directly leads to a page containing this:

"Homosexuality is certainly a sin or a pathology."

Attitudes like this are a mortal danger to millions around the world,
subject to the risks of oppression, lynching and even judicial murder.

By fostering such attitudes you help to increase that risk.

I will not accept your using comp.lang.ada for that purpose.

--
Bill Findlay
with blueyonder.co.uk;

* Re: A way to do a huge Ada promotion
@ 2014-05-27 14:14           ` Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2014-05-27 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill Findlay wrote:

> On 27/05/2014 13:50, in article lm21nc$4fj$1@speranza.aioe.org, "Victor
> Porton" <porton@narod.ru> wrote:
>
>> Just to clarify: There are no direct links between my sites about
>> different topics. There are only links to/from my homepage to/from every
>> my topical site.
>
> You are contradicting yourself (to put it kindly).
>
> On http://portonvictor.org  you offer these links:
>
>> My math blog
>> My software/programming blog
>> My religious blog
>
> The third directly leads to a page containing this:
>
> "Homosexuality is certainly a sin or a pathology."
>
> Attitudes like this are a mortal danger to millions around the world,
> subject to the risks of oppression, lynching and even judicial murder.
>
> By fostering such attitudes you help to increase that risk.
>
> I will not accept your using comp.lang.ada for that purpose.

Wrong. I do not support economical discrimination of LGBT.

Well, this is probably my last offtopic message (simply because I do not
like offtopic). I will probably not reply you anymore.

--

@ 2014-05-27 14:24           ` Peter Chapin
From: Peter Chapin @ 2014-05-27 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2014-05-27 09:16, Bill Findlay wrote:

> On http://portonvictor.org  you offer these links:
>
>> My math blog
>> My software/programming blog
>> My religious blog
>
> The third directly leads to a page containing this:
>
> "Homosexuality is certainly a sin or a pathology."
>
> Attitudes like this are a mortal danger to millions around the world,
> subject to the risks of oppression, lynching and even judicial murder.
>
> By fostering such attitudes you help to increase that risk.
>
> I will not accept your using comp.lang.ada for that purpose.

I actually don't think the original poster was using comp.lang.ada to
promote his views about homosexuality. The original post was on topic
for this group and it only included a link, in the signature of the
message, to the poster's home page. It is normal for personal home pages
to include a wide range of information about the page's author. In this
case the material on Porton's religious and political views was
separated from the material on software (as far as I could see).

While I disagree with Porton's attitude about homosexuality I don't
think it's reasonable to say that he's using comp.lang.ada to push that
attitude.

It would be different if the URL in question was an Ada vendor URL or
was highlighted in the post, or if the material on homosexuality was
included on his Ada pages or mentioned in the original posting. None of
that was true, however. He just happens to be a homophobic guy who uses
Ada. I'm sure he's not the only one.

Peter

* Re: A way to do a huge Ada promotion
@ 2014-05-27 14:45   ` G.B.
From: G.B. @ 2014-05-27 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27.05.14 07:51, Shark8 wrote:
> IMO, the two items which [if adopted] would profoundly change the web
> are the following:

IMO, in view of apps and browser plugins, the only thing that
can actually change the web is a mathematically proven algorithm
that addresses this part of HTTP:

"10.4.3 402 Payment Required

"This code is reserved for future use."

Is this problem more difficult to solve than Fermat's last
conjecture? (Perhaps not to be discussed in an Ada newsgroup.)

* Re: A way to do a huge Ada promotion
@ 2014-05-27 15:38             ` Bill Findlay
From: Bill Findlay @ 2014-05-27 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Chapin <PChapin@vtc.vsc.edu> wrote:
> On 2014-05-27 09:16, Bill Findlay wrote:
>
>> On http://portonvictor.org  you offer these links:
>>
>>> My math blog
>>> My software/programming blog
>>> My religious blog
>>
>> The third directly leads to a page containing this:
>>
>> "Homosexuality is certainly a sin or a pathology."
>>
>> Attitudes like this are a mortal danger to millions around the world,
>> subject to the risks of oppression, lynching and even judicial murder.
>>
>> By fostering such attitudes you help to increase that risk.
>>
>> I will not accept your using comp.lang.ada for that purpose.
>
> I actually don't think the original poster was using comp.lang.ada to
> promote his views about homosexuality. The original post was on topic
> for this group and it only included a link, in the signature of the
> message, to the poster's home page. It is normal for personal home pages
> to include a wide range of information about the page's author. In this
> case the material on Porton's religious and political views was
> separated from the material on software (as far as I could see).
>
> While I disagree with Porton's attitude about homosexuality I don't
> think it's reasonable to say that he's using comp.lang.ada to push that
> attitude.
>
> It would be different if the URL in question was an Ada vendor URL or
> was highlighted in the post, or if the material on homosexuality was
> included on his Ada pages or mentioned in the original posting. None of
> that was true, however. He just happens to be a homophobic guy who uses
> Ada. I'm sure he's not the only one.

He is the only one who uses c.l.a for his bigotry.

--
Bill Findlay

From: Bill Findlay @ 2014-05-27 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Victor Porton <porton@narod.ru> wrote:
> Bill Findlay wrote:
>
>> On 27/05/2014 13:50, in article lm21nc$4fj$1@speranza.aioe.org, "Victor
>> Porton" <porton@narod.ru> wrote:
>>
>>> Just to clarify: There are no direct links between my sites about
>>> different topics. There are only links to/from my homepage to/from every
>>> my topical site.
>>
>> You are contradicting yourself (to put it kindly).
>>
>> On http://portonvictor.org  you offer these links:
>>
>>> My math blog
>>> My software/programming blog
>>> My religious blog
>>
>> The third directly leads to a page containing this:
>>
>> "Homosexuality is certainly a sin or a pathology."
>>
>> Attitudes like this are a mortal danger to millions around the world,
>> subject to the risks of oppression, lynching and even judicial murder.
>>
>> By fostering such attitudes you help to increase that risk.
>>
>> I will not accept your using comp.lang.ada for that purpose.
>
> Wrong. I do not support economical discrimination of LGBT.

Changing the subject is very much your favourite mode of argument, is it
not?
I take it that is because you do not have an adequate reply that is
relevant.

--
Bill Findlay

* Re: A way to do a huge Ada promotion
@ 2014-05-27 18:37     ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2014-05-27 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27-May-14 08:45, G.B. wrote:
> On 27.05.14 07:51, Shark8 wrote:
>> IMO, the two items which [if adopted] would profoundly change the web
>> are the following:
>
> IMO, in view of apps and browser plugins, the only thing that
> can actually change the web is a mathematically proven algorithm
> that addresses this part of HTTP:
>
> "10.4.3 402 Payment Required
>
> "This code is reserved for future use."
>
> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html
>

> Is this problem more difficult to solve than Fermat's last
> conjecture? (Perhaps not to be discussed in an Ada newsgroup.)

I fail to see how this would not be addressed by (a) a generalized,
protocol for describing state-machines [recursive & modularizable],
*and* (b) formally verified security modules.

Granted, (a) is a move away from HTTP and likely to be shunned because
it's not building on existing technology. Even if that were forgone, (b)
is needed independently of the underlying networking protocols.

* Re: A way to do a huge Ada promotion
@ 2014-05-27 19:57       ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2014-05-27 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27/05/14 20:37, Shark8 wrote:
> On 27-May-14 08:45, G.B. wrote:
>> On 27.05.14 07:51, Shark8 wrote:
>>> IMO, the two items which [if adopted] would profoundly change the web
>>> are the following:
>>
>> IMO, in view of apps and browser plugins, the only thing that
>> can actually change the web is a mathematically proven algorithm
>> that addresses this part of HTTP:
>>
>> "10.4.3 402 Payment Required
>>
>> "This code is reserved for future use."
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html
>>

>> Is this problem more difficult to solve than Fermat's last
>> conjecture? (Perhaps not to be discussed in an Ada newsgroup.)
>>

> I fail to see how this would not be addressed by (a) a generalized, protocol for describing state-machines [recursive & modularizable], *and* (b) formally verified security modules.
>
> Granted, (a) is a move away from HTTP and likely to be shunned because it's not building on existing technology. Even if that were forgone, (b) is needed independently of the underlying networking protocols.

Verified state will, I think, require hardware, at least
whenever high assurance is necessary. I suppose that
organized distribution of media and phone based behavior
mining are already looking into further possibilities.

So, yes, it can't be HTTP.