From: kassover@jupiter.crd.ge.com (David Kassover)
Subject: Re: Use of "C/Ada" -- the C dialect of Ada
Date: 19 Feb 90 22:50:02 GMT	[thread overview]

With respect to Mistress Ada:

I am *amused*.  But I did have to check which newsgroupt I was
reading.

I use Ada for two predominant reasons:

	1.  The project I am working on (the one I am paid to
	    work on) has it in the requirements document.

	2.  Ada protects me from lot's of time consuming,
	    embarrassing mistakes of the sort that the C people seem to waste
	    most of their productive time finding (let alone correcting)

#2 is very important to the professional who is producing
software to be used by others.  I may or may not mind being
protected from myself, but the users must be protected from me.