From: kassover@jupiter.crd.ge.com (David Kassover)
Subject: Re: Use of "C/Ada" -- the C dialect of Ada
Date: 19 Feb 90 16:59:54 GMT	[thread overview]

Hmm.  Die-hard C programmers will have to lose the tendency to
write one-line wonders and functions with side effects.  Other
than that there *should be* no problem, assuming you are dealing
with people who have a professional attitude toward their craft,
as opposed to egotists.

There is a third option that bears looking into:  Write the thing
in C and then run the whole mess through an ada translator.  When
the translated stuff is verified, throw away the C.

There have been several requests in this newsgroup for such
translators, so I might as well post my stock E-mail answer:

Software Rework, Inc. specializes in this area (that of
(re-)vitalizing software systems by translating them into new
languages and/or environments, particularly when the target is
Ada.

Contact info:

J. David McGonagle
Software Rework, Inc.
1223 Peoples Avenue
Troy, NY 12180

Sorry, I have no telephone number available.  And please mention
me when you contact them.

[If such a direct commercial message is too crass, I apologize.
Let me know and I will restrict such to E-mail.  But be
forewarned, for reasons I do not care to understand, many styles
of return address are unreachable from here.  Thanks again]